ICAR-National Research Centre on litchi celebrated ‘Gandhi Jayanti’ on 2nd October 2016, by voluntary cleanliness drive. “Swachchhata Pakhwada” was organized 16 to 31 October 2016 at Mushahari, Muzaffarpur, Bihar spreading the message of cleanliness, hygiene “Swachha Bharat Swasth Bharat”. All employees under the leadership of Director Dr. Vishal Nath had “Swachchhata Pledge” to bring dreams of father of nation Mahatma Gandhi in reality. During this “Pakhwada” Cleanliness drive was organized on 21 and 31 October 2016 in which all employees participated.
- On the eve of Gandhi Jayanti 2nd Oct 2016: Cleanliness drive was organized at campus and playground in which all staff participated in Swachchhata
- Cleanliness Drive: On 21 and 31 October 2016 cleanliness drive was conducted in Research Farm, Fish pond bank, Office premise, sports ground, office chamber, laboratory. Fish pond banks and farm pathways which were covered with obnoxious weeds, bushes and garbage were removed and disposed off in separate decomposable and non-decomposable pits. Volleyball ground and nearby area were cleaned with spade, grass cutter broom etc. Also, Office premise, vehicle parking area, approach road were cleaned and dusted with bleaching powder where needed. Individually also all staff cleaned their office sitting place, books, file, almirah etc.
- Garbage Pit: revived into decomposable and non-decomposable pit and waste collected during cleanliness drive were disposed off accordingly.
- Sensitization for overall cleanliness: To bring overall cleanliness all staffs took “Swachchhata Pledge” and were also encouraged bringing efficiency / transparency/ punctuality in their work/ research.
- Yoga Session: Awareness towards healthy lifestyle and benefits of yoga were preached in yoga session.